this assignment has 4 qsanswer each question by your own words – please i want 0% pilgrims if there is an information out sources , the resources will be neededCollege of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 11/4/2020 @ 23:59
Course Code: MGT322
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be
reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or
other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 12th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain
management and logistics practice.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The global marketplace has witnessed an increased pressure from customers and competitors in
manufacturing as well as service sector (Basu, 2001; George, 2002). Due to the rapidly changing global
marketplace only those companies will be able to survive that will deliver products of good quality at
cheaper rate and to achieve their goal companies try to improve performance by focusing on cost
cutting, increasing productivity levels, quality and guaranteeing deliveries in order to satisfy customers
Increased global competition leads the industry to increasing efficiency by means of economies of
scale and internal specialization so as to meet market conditions in terms of flexibility, delivery
performance and quality (Yamashina, 1995). The changes in the present competitive business
environment are characterized by profound competition on the supply side and keen indecisive in
customer requirements on the demand side. These changes have left their distinctive marks on the
different aspect of the manufacturing organizations (Gomes et al., 2006). With this increasing global
economy, cost effective manufacturing has become a requirement to remain competitive.
To meet all the challenges organizations try to introduce different manufacturing and supply
techniques. Management of organizations devotes its efforts to reduce the manufacturing costs and to
improve the quality of product. To achieve this goal, different manufacturing and supply techniques
have been employed. The last quarter of the 20th century witnessed the adoption of world-class, lean
and integrated manufacturing strategies that have drastically changed the way manufacturing firm’s
leads to improvement of manufacturing performance (Fullerton and McWatters, 2002).
Consult chapter 7 of your text book or secondary available data on internet and answer the
1. Why Companies adopted Lean Thinking and JIT model?
2. Discuss major types of Waste, companies has to keep in mind during production.
3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking (suitable examples), what are the benefits from
Suppliers to end users?
4. Due to COVID 19 emergency do you think agile supply chain is the right concept in this kind
of situation? Give reason with example.
The Answer should be within 4- 5 pages.
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
Lean Thinking and JIT Concept
Agile Supply chain
Their Main functions
Reasons with suitable Examples
Purchase answer to see full